Tuesday, March 29, 2011

t-22 days

Well, it looks like this is really going to happen. The plan is to leave early on Thursday the 21st of April and get as close to Jacksonville as I can before stopping for the night. I have spent a lot of time trying to get my gear together and decide if we were really going to camp or not. Looks like Ryder2 wants to camp. So I bought a tent and sleeping bag and all sorts of other gear for the camping part. Deciding on what gear would work best was a journey in and of itself. I hope that I have made good choices.

Saturday, I set up camp in the basement and broke it all down and packed everything up for the bike. learned some valuable lessons. (It took more time than I expected and I was inside on a carpeted floor.) Don't know how that will play out in the field. My next challenge will be to load the bike up and secure it all to the bike. My saddle bag gear went in with out hitch. But I am not expecting the seat luggage or the pack with the camping gear to go on as well. (Rain protection is going to be tricky to install if it rains the rain stuff fits over one bag at a time and there are no openings for straps???) I will need to find a fix for this asap as there is no doubt we will ride in the rain at some point on this trip.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment