Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The adventure begins




Regnar is ready to roll out at 0630. Ryder2 sent photos of his bike loaded.

I made 580 miles today. Rode to Savannah, Georgia in about 11 hours. This included stops of about one hour total for fuel, food and monkey butt. I only stopped for gas three times, once to top off at the start in Catlett, VA and once in NC and again in SC and I am about 2/3 of tank used now. Ate lunch in Fayetteville, NC at a Cracker Barrel-unusually bad service for a CB.

According to the GPS I averaged 65 miles an hour???? I think it is a little off. Unless it does count the time that the unit was turned off for my meal and breaks.

Only had one mechanical issue so far. Fortunately the Savannah HD dealer is at hand. My oil was blowing out onto the air cleaner and then out onto the bike. I was worried I'd blow a head gasket. But lucky for me all I needed was a fresh air filter. Mike at the service Department of Savannah HD checked it out drew down some of my oil and change my filter all with only 20 minutes before they closed. Talk about service.

Can't thank them enough for their help.

Checked into the Gateway Best Western off exit 94 in GA just minutes from downtown Savannah. I think I will have a look around before I head out in the morning.

Well, gotta hit the sack now. Going to be another long day tomorrow .

No comments:

Post a Comment