Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well, Day 2 begins at the Best Western at Savannah just down the street from the Savannah HD. HOG members get a discount at BW and they are supposed to be Biker friendly. This place was OK the room was clean and it was quite but had to park the bike a little too far from my room and had to lug all the stuff a ways to get it in the room. Sort of a pain in rear.

Was on the the road by 9 and rode around Savannah a little. Nice city and need to come back when I can take the time to really explore.

 
The is a rest stop in Georgia near Brunswick, one of the nicest rest stops/visitor's centers I have ever been at. I had been on the road for well over an hour and my now numb butt needed a rest, plus I had to get rid of some of the coffee I had at 7 am. Saw a man and a woman both with red hair and guess what their little girl had red hair too, cool side observation. I can't remember seeing two red headed people together before and with a kid with red hair.

This is Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island in Florida. The East Coast (Ocean View) of my Adventure. The next picture is of the same beach just a little further south. Nearly got stuck in the sand here though, I won't be going on the beach with the bike again any time soon. But it was fun!


I didn't ride for too long of a distance today just did the tourist thing in a couple of places and stopped by Golden Isles Harley Davidson in Brunswick, GA to get a t-shirt for my collection. After stopping by Krystal's I headed out for Jacksonville via the scenic route, turned west on I-10 to get out of Jacksonville and got on to US Hwy 90 west bound and made it to Lake City, FL where I got a room at the Best Western in Lake City. It was right on 90 and boy is it nice. The weather here is 93 degree for the high today and the pool was just what the doctor ordered for my overheated head.

I made several stops today at Civil War Battlefield sites in Florida (yes, there were actually a few battles here and a lot around Savannah.)  Interesting visits. 

OK, now for the weird thing of the day. Yesterday night my room number at the Savannah BW was 134 and my room number tonight at the Lake City BW is 134 . What are the odds?

Well Ryder2 will be here at about 9 am tomorrow and we head out towards Mobile, AL and camping!!!
It is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's tomorrow with a chance of late day thunder storms. Hope we don't get wet. And I really hope the camp ground has a pool???? or  I at leas,t will be taking a long cold shower to cool off with.







No comments:

Post a Comment