Sunday, April 3, 2011

t-16 days


 Rear shot

These are photos of my first test load of my gear.


 Right Shot


Left Shot

This morning the weather finally took a turn for the better. Temperatures are supposed to be in the upper 50's today and near 80 tomorrow. It was only about 40 this morning but since the sun was out I took advantage of it and loaded up the bike and made a slow and local test ride to check for balance of my load and to be sure nothing shook loose. Everything seems to be fine but I will need to make sure that I get the extra length of the straps either cut back or secured so they won't drag off the bike of flap around and damage the paint or get tangled up in something. Turned out the the camping gear fit better on the seat and the Kayakyn Bag sat better on the luggage rack. The plus is, that I now have extra room for another bag if I need it. I am getting really excited about the trip now. Still want to work on the packing of stuff into the bags so that they won't get wet when it rains while we are riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment