Monday, April 11, 2011

t-9 days

Wish the weather had been this warm on Sunday when I made the test run fully loaded. It wasn't bad but had to wear a jacket and it was still cool until the sun came out in the afternoon. Everything on the bike worked out fine fully loaded and only little glitch was one of my lids on the hard side cases came open while riding. Will have to be certain to always lock those down from now on. Otherwise, it was smooth riding and loading went better this time than last time. (I found a you tube video that gave a really good explanations on securing the Kuryakyn luggage to the bike and it was a great help.) I have a solution for riding in the rain but I would still like to find a way to cover the exterior of the bags for that added protection. Just can't find a can liner or plastic bag with a mouth opening large enough to go over both bags and the back rest. Now all I have to do is hope there is no rain for the first few days of the trip. It is getting close and I am excited about the whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment