Wednesday, April 13, 2011

t-7 days

One week from today, I will be on the road to Florida to meet up with Ryder2. Ryder2 reports that he is having an issue with his Yamaha (Road Star?) and it's gas mileage. Ryder2 changed out his exhaust and re-jetted the carbs and his mph went from over 200mpg to 115mpg. Ouch! Ryder2 advised that he took the bike back in and had smaller jetts installed and that didn't help. The Carb has been checked and nothing obvious seems to be the cause. Not sure how stopping for gas every 100 miles or so will impact our ride. I generally like to make regular stops on the bike when I make long trips but with gas prices where they are 25-30 mpg on a bike will be expensive. The HD gets 50 mpg and I can go well over 200 miles on a tank. So we shall see how this impacts the trip. (He emailed that he may consider taking his Nija sport bike, but I can't imagine how that would work our on such a long ride and covering 500 miles a day. I don't think Ryder2 will last long riding that way for 30 days.) I suppose luggage will be an issue as well on the Nija.

No comments:

Post a Comment